Re: [IPk] BG testing in the rain

Hi Tom
I've considered it. I used the various Bayer meters with integrated
strips for years as I found them really practical. But they don't make
the Ascensia any more :-(
One thing I found with those meters was that they're much more likely to
break as they have moving parts. So that's quite a problem for someone
who's active, travels a lot, and who regularly drops their meter on the
floor! So this makes me a little reluctant to try the Accu-check one.
Also the Bayer meters link to my pump, and I know they work well at
altitude.
I'm still considering it though. but it's such a palaver to have to
convince my GP to change meter strips - bad enough that I don't use the
meter all diabetics in my area are "supposed to use" (according to the
funding authority).

And yes, despite the weather, and getting hypothermia, it was still a
fabulous weekend, and my first ever ascent of Snowdon! Trust me to do it
pretty much the most difficult way possible (hardest route up, no
visibility, p***ing rain!)
Di