[IPk] whinge whinge moan moan

Hi folks
Just wanted to sound off, don't expect anyone to have a magic solution.

For the past week or so, my BG has rocketed up to 22mmol/l or so a
couple of hours after breakfast. Same breakfast I've been eating for the
past 4 years or so! It's infuriating as the rest of the day my levels
have been more or less fine. The only difference is some anti-viral
drugs I've been put on (for 6 months initially), which roughly coincides
with the start of the post-breakfast BG spike, but it could be
coincidental. I've also been ill for the past month or so, on and off,
with this recurring low-level virus thing I've had for a few years that
they're trying to kill. It's meant slightly increased basal needs, but
not drastically, while I've been ill.

Yesterday my body obliged with a spectacular low BG at 9am, an hour
after breakfast. Thought the spiking problem was clearly over, but an
hour after that, it spiked to 18. Today, just back to the spike to 22.
I'm off up Snowdon this weekend, on an active 3-day walking trip, so
would quite like to resolve this! I don't dare increase my breakfast
insulin after what happened yesterday (I hadn't even increased my
insulin yesterday).

Mystified and annoyed. It's probably just the weird impact of the virus
(I can feel fine in the morning, and like death in the afternoon, or
vice versa, for example).

Di