Re: [IPk] R: ip-uk-digest V4 #69

Here here

Sent from my android device.

-----Original Message-----
From: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:02
Subject: [IPk] R: ip-uk-digest V4 #69

Hi all...... re:  Diabetic lifestyles, exam stress, management
etc........ I have been diabetic for 33 yrs and have never considered
myself to be any different from anyone else.....That being said, I have
steered clear of anything that could highlight that I am different.....
I think it is a question of common sense..... Diabetes is a risk....to
both you as a diabetic and those around you..... Therefore, our
choices, whether they be jobs, hobbies,or being a parent etc. have to
be considered carefully...... I would not chose to drive an ambulance
because, as most of us know, emergencies for diabetics  do not occur
when you have a perfect BG........... to be quite honest, if there are
a million people capable of driving an ambulance without diabetes, lets
leave them to do it.....
Having said that, I totally agree with the
comments made about the injustice of the insurance issue...... I, too
am very 'healthy' last HbA1c was 5.9%, no background retinopathy, BMI
of 19.2 etc. etc. etc. however, insurance premiums are high...
Much
higher than most 'normal' people without diabetes, but probably not as
healthy as I am!        ...... Unfortunately, that is commerce and we
will never beat it......
Re:  Exam stress..... I agree 100% with
Karen's daughter..... its all to do with organisation - like I said
before......diabetes has todate, never stopped me from doing what I
want to do.... I might not want much, but the much I want, I always
make within my reach.......Best wishes to everyone.....Barbara M

----