Re: [IPk] Exam Stress/ management

Hi Sandra
I agree that it can be very difficult to find the happy medium between
making a fuss and being open about diabetes and your needs. That's
something we all have to deal with all the time in daily life, and of
course everyone is different in what they feel is right for them. In the
past I've definitely been guilty of the opposite and of not being open
enough about my needs in front of friends. So I think it's good o have a
discussion about this kind of thing, and that's what I was instigating
on here. Personally, I think it's totally unecessary to have a separate
room and so on, but that's my opinion. Clearly the opinions of people on
here vary too.
It sounds like you have a pretty good attitude overall and my intention
was not to upset you, just to get people to think about this balance. I
do believe that when diabetics make an unnecessary fuss 9such as - in my
opinion - demanding to be served urgently in a restaurant - and of
course there are ways and means of doing this in a polite way if it
really is necessary for some reason), it does harm some of the efforts
we (as diabetics) put in to educate the world about diabetes and to
prevent us from being treated unfairly as a result.
Di