Re: [IPk] Exam Stress/ management

It was quite upsetting to imagine my fellow diabetics think that I am
'making a fuss'. The main reason i requested a seperate room a was to spare
my classmates the distraction of me faffing with testing or adjusting my
pump.  Ever had to listen to someone tapping a pen while under exam
conditions?  I do not wish to be a distraction for anyone, so its as much
for everyone else as it is for me.

I can understand everyones point on not wanting to be treated differently,
be it in a positive or negative way.  but the fact remains that we are
different, our needs vary from person to person. I think it shows more
sense, confidence and capability to ask for assistance when its needed or
helpful rather than to be too proud to bother.  Yes diabetes is my lot in
life, I deal with it as best i can, I take care of myself so as not to put
any extra pressure on my loved ones and I strive to stay at the top of my
game no matter what i am doing.  I have never let my diabetes stop me from
doing anything, it often takes a fair bit of forward planning and
organisation, but thanks to that these are now skills i have in abundance.

Sandie