Re: [IPk] Vehicle insurance

Hi Sammy
As I understand it, legally you can drive a regular ambulance (St Johns
or otherwise) if you have a C1 licence and you're declared fit to drive
(well controlled etc). However you are NOT allowed to drive any kind of
emergency response vehicle as an insulin-dependent diabetic. That's the
legal stuff.

Did you speak to SJA directly or is this just hearsay? I suggest you
contact them directly to find out exactly what the ruling is, if you
haven't done so. If it's really an insurance matter as you say, then
there's not much they can do, but that sounds rather odd to me!
I'd ring them up and get it from the horse's mouth.
Di