Re: [IPk] Exam Stress/ management

Hi Sarah,
I agree too.
And had the same issue with life insurance for our mortgage - I really
freaked out. However in the end the mortgage bank agreed to accept my
husband's previous existing substantial life insurance to guarantee
our mortgage, and did not require that I had some too.
I don't know if that can be done in England.
Best of luck with it
Nanette

On 27 April 2011 13:13, Sarah Haywood <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I agree whole heartedly Di! We have so many restrictions forced upon us and I
 > definitely do seem to spend a fair amount of time telling people that I can
do
>  pretty much what I like in my life, I just need to plan ahead more than most
> and
> be aware that things aren't always as straight forward as they might be for a
> "normal" person!
 > One example of being restricted (kind of )I have experienced recently is that
> my
> husband and I are in the process of moving house and we have had to take out
> life insurance for our mortgage. Seeing as I have pretty good control and no
> major complications (only background retinopathy) I thought that I my premium
> wouldnt be loaded too heavily..... when they came back with my quote they had
 > loaded my premilu by 225%!!!! When I questioned them about this, they said
that
>  it was beacuse my HbA1c was over 7% (it is 7.3%), I have been diagnosed for
> over
> 15 years (15 years and 1 month) and I have background retinopathy (hasnt
 > everyone after 15 years od diagnosis??) I was sooo cross, I asked them if
they
> took into consideration the fact that I exercise daily,  have very low
> cholesterol, normal BP, healthy BMI, few hypos, etc etc, in fact I am the
> fittest person I know... And they said that the important things were HbA,
> length of diagnosis and any complications.
> So yes, it makes me cross too when people use diabetes as an excuse!
> Sarah

I'm