Re: [IPk] Exam Stress/ management

I agree whole heartedly Di! We have so many restrictions forced upon us and I
definitely do seem to spend a fair amount of time telling people that I can do
 pretty much what I like in my life, I just need to plan ahead more than most
and
be aware that things aren't always as straight forward as they might be for a
"normal" person!
 One example of being restricted (kind of )I have experienced recently is that
my
husband and I are in the process of moving house and we have had to take out
life insurance for our mortgage. Seeing as I have pretty good control and no
major complications (only background retinopathy) I thought that I my premium
wouldnt be loaded too heavily..... when they came back with my quote they had
 loaded my premilu by 225%!!!! When I questioned them about this, they said that
 it was beacuse my HbA1c was over 7% (it is 7.3%), I have been diagnosed for
over
15 years (15 years and 1 month) and I have background retinopathy (hasnt
everyone after 15 years od diagnosis??) I was sooo cross, I asked them if they
took into consideration the fact that I exercise daily,  have very low
cholesterol, normal BP, healthy BMI, few hypos, etc etc, in fact I am the
fittest person I know... And they said that the important things were HbA,
length of diagnosis and any complications.
So yes, it makes me cross too when people use diabetes as an excuse!
Sarah