Re: [IPk] Injection sites...

Your consultant was a star.  I remember those nasty guillotine devices, very
crude and scary.  I always had more trouble steeling myself for a finger
prick than an injection.  But I grew out of it eventually.

I've googled to try to find it but I can't.....I remember reading that a
diabetes clinic (I think in Australia) made their staff live by a diabetes
regime if they wanted to keep their jobs.  Very few could do it, and gave
up.

So a consultant that can do what he asks of his patients is great.

Helene.

They were indeed! They were just phasing it out in the 1970s when I was
diagnosed, but I know many people who were still taught that way. I was
given one go on an orange (aged 7) on my first morning in hospital and
then was immediately told to get on and inject my own leg since I was
going to have to do it for the rest of my life. When home blood testing
was first introduced, I had a rather lovely consultant who offered me
his own finger for me to have a practise at stabbing (with the awful
Autolet guillotine) to prove it wasn't going to hurt! I bet there's not
many consultants who do that!!!
Di