Re: [IPk] FW: here is Allyson Pollock's article

Hi melissa
 Yes my practice is complying and our discussion at the friends meeting about
the white paper was closed by a gp saying there was little they could do about
it despite the fact that it has not gone through parliament and theres supposed
to be a pause
I think gps have had a directive to continue at full speed with the changes
 Yes i know something about the history of doctors responses to the nhs-i was
born in 1948 the year it was set up
Thank god for that i say
 But allyson pollock is a professor of public health isnt she-not a consultant
or gp with vested interests?
 Incidentally i would be delighted if the coalitions changes resulted in an
improved nhs even if as youve guessed i am not a tory
 But i doubt it and our gps said as much because it seems to be focused on
rationing
 Thanks anyway for the debate and information and apologies for my illiterate
blackberry-i will use the computer next time!
Best
Christine