From: email @ redacted
Date: Apr 20, 2011 17:43
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: Replacement pump WAS Re: [IPk] vibe

On 20/04/11 17:36, Siobhan Murphy wrote:
> It might be that Derriford have bought into a contract with one of
the other
> pump companies - I've heard of this happening a lot. Regardless of
PCT, some
> hospitals will only purchase one type of pump - Bournemouth being
one - they
> have a deal with Roche so only supply patients with Roche pumps.

But it's not Derriford who are funding the pump. So they don't buy
it,
Cornwall would. So it doesn't matter what contracts they have in
place
at Derriford.
The Cornwall PCT doesn't send Derriford a cheque for them to go and
buy
your pump....at least I'd be very surprised if they did! As long as
they
fund it, you can ring up Animas yourself and order it. I did that
with
my new Medtronic pump (I actually got the pump before the PCT had
even
agreed the funding for the replacement, because my old pump was
faulty
and I told Medtronic that my PCT were going to fund the new one, and
so
they sent it to me in advance of getting the funding). The hospital
never even saw my new pump, let alone dealt with Medtronic.
Di