[IPk] Peripheral arterial disease

I have been suffering with very sore calf muscles now for a couple of years.
This occurs when walking and exercising and has got so severe that I don't do
much exercise at all now which has caused my BMI to go up from a usual 26 to a
now 32. The pump doctor started me on metformin to improve insulin resistance
which has developed as a result of high BMI. A couple of weeks ago I saw the
renal consultant who prescribed Orlistat and Nortryptiline. He also referred
me to a Rheumatologist whom I saw yesterday at Cheltenham hospital.

When I explained the problem to her and being diabetic for 40 years she
decided right away that I have furred up arteries in my legs and referred me
now to a vascular surgeon to get sorted.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar. My carb ratio
has gone from 10:1 to 5:1 in the last year and by basals have increased by
30%. I have had a pump now for 12 years and thank goodness too, as I reckon I
would not have coped very well with the IR otherwise.

Regards,

Dave