[IPk] night shifts

 I was thinking that there must be others on this list who work night shifts...
I work days most of the time, but every so often have to do 5-7 consecutive
nights. I have always found control a bit difficult on these. I tend to
micro-manage things overnight with frequent testing (and since a few weeks ago
CGM), but then I struggle with control during the day (when I'm sleeping) and
when I come off nights. I've tried a few different strategies to keep control -
temporary basals, different basal patterns etc. I think the biggest problem is
that things change over the duration of the nights so at the beginning of a set
things are not the same as the end. I'm beginning to think that I should play it
more like flying and switch the time of my pump rather than the basal rates and
wondered if anyone else had experience of doing this? I work 12-13h nights
beginning around 2000. Would be really grateful to hear any suggestions!
Sarah
DM 15y, pumping 7y