From: R Martin <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, 17 April, 2011 10:36:37
Subject: [IPk] continuing issue with occlusion alarms

As you may recall I've been having issue with occlusion alarms and Animas USA
decided I was doing everything correctly but thought there is a pump problem
and it was replaced.

New pump set up and running yesterday morning and I had 2 occlusion alarms
yesterday: one while trying to bolus for lunch and the second one while I was
sitting outside sowing seeds in pots.

I phoned back Animas USA and spoke to the same advisor.  We slowed the rate
of
delivery of the bolus to Slow but couldn't work out the occlusion issue for
the basals.

New set, new site, fresh everything - tube not kinked, set looked okay, no
air
pockets in the tubing - as far as I could see.

The priming and re-filling of the cannula all went according to plan.  The
advisor said she would discuss it with colleagues and if they came up with
something she would call back.

2am I was awakened with another occlusion alarm.

Any suggestions folks?

Rhoda - puzzled and frustrated.

  _____

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .