[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]   Help@Insulin-Pumpers.org
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]   for subscribe/unsubscribe assistance

Re: [IPk] RE: sharps bins

Well according to what I;ve read, councils are obliged to provide the 
service legally, so you should take it up with them. They are, however, 
entitled to pay for it.
I suggest taking up drugs (if you don't want to carry on using your own 
container)...it seems the easiest method! Or at least, registering as a 
drug user!

On 15/04/2011 22:07, Stehelndd wrote:
> I had no idea, after having had diabetes for over 36 years, anywhere
> actually provided this service!  GP/clinic won't entertain the idea. Said
> they only do this for drug users. Local council do not provide a service,
> say use your local hospital/pharmacy. Tried my pharmacy plus many others.
> Again, only provide and dispose if you are a registred drug addict.
> Rhoda, might take up your cause!
> As to what I do with my sharps, for years I have used empty fabric
> conditoner bottles and when full, taped the lid on and put in normal waste.
> This was actually the advice from the local waste disposal firm who collects
> our bins. Not ideal, but only oprion here.
> Helen
> .
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,
contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org