Re: [IPk] Sharps bins

I had a simular problem when I started pumping.

 At first I couldnt get a straight answer as to who was responable for disposing
of the full bins.

 Until recently the Gp's would prescribe you a 1 ltr bin (I too found the hole
on
it fiddely to get the medtronic resivour double needle through) and when full
wou would phone the local council for collection.

I later started to buy 6ltr bins from St John Ambulance

http://www.stjohnwales.co.uk/Index17.asp?m_id=5&ItemSKU=0814101&l1_id=53&l2_id=126
they
 are about (GBP)4.00 have a nice size hole for dropping things in, these would
 last me a couple of months, the council diddnt mind picking these up as ong as
told them it was a 6ltr bin when I made the booking.

 Last week we had letters from the Local Health Board (in Wales we have LHB's
not
PCT's) saying that they had sub contracted it out to an external company who
would drop off a 5ltr bin at the same time as picking up the full one, if you
rang their service centre.

Hope this Helps,
Stuart Chadwick.

32, Type 1 Diabetic 22 Years, Medtronic Paradigm 715 user 4 Years and 4 onths,
Abbott Optium Xceed, Medtronic Carelink, and occasional CGMS User.