RE: [IPk] Swimming/bathing without pump

Hi Nigel

You sound like me, I used to always be taking things apart to see how they
worked.  Sadly I dont seem to have time to investigate things like I used to
(husband sighs in relief) though I did manage to mend our automatic garage door
the other day after investigating various bits. It had been jamming for 6
months.    So its good there are people like you and me to take things apart.
LOL

Jackie

PS dont try it with the pump though!

> I dissected a canular once - out of curiosity.  I can't help it.  I have
> this affliction where I have to find out how things work!
>
> It has a little squidgy disk inside for the needle to poke through - just
> like the one you get on the bottle top of the insulin vial - but much
> smaller. So, this is how it self-seals.
>
> Nigel, Dad of Poppy (age 9).  Poppy has a Medtronic 522 pump with continuous
> monitor.  Lives in Milton Keynes but goes to UCLH to get proper diabetes
> support.  Poppy was diagnosed in 2001.  Wife: Dawn.  Son; Jake (Aged 12)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080429-0, 29/04/2008
Tested on: 29/04/2008 10:00:24