RE: [IPk] Swimming/bathing without pump

I never where my pump in the  shower. That's what the cap is for. Espescially
for swimming. Just take the pump off and put the cap on. Then after swimming
or a bath or shower take the cap off and put the pump back on.

Being off the pump for 15 minutes or so for a shower doesn't effect my blood
sugars in any noticable way.

Rich

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:22:16 +0100> Subject: [IPk] Swimming/bathing
without pump> From: email @ redacted> To:
a bath do you need to put a cap on the> infusion set if you take your pump
off? I've only been swimming once since> getting the pump & only started
worrying about this when I got in the> pool. Likewise I usually take showers
but have started having a few baths> lately & have kept my pump on (awkward)
because of thinking the water will> get in. I think when I started my DSN said
not to bother but at a recent> pump users group I got the impression that that
was what the caps in the> infusion set boxes were for.> > Many thanks>
HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,> contact:
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org