Re: [IPk] Swimming/bathing without pump

I was told (got my pump two weeks ago) that where you weren't sure
about hygiene to put the cap on (i.e. swimming baths) but in your own
home, probably fine without...

paula xx
On 28 Apr 2008, at 11:22, email @ redacted wrote:

> Hi
>
> When you go swimming or have a bath do you need to put a cap on the
> infusion set if you take your pump off? I've only been swimming once
> since
> getting the pump & only started worrying about this when I got in the
> pool. Likewise I usually take showers but have started having a few
> baths
> lately & have kept my pump on (awkward) because of thinking the
> water will
> get in. I think when I started my DSN said not to bother but at a
> recent
> pump users group I got the impression that that was what the caps in
> the
> infusion set boxes were for.
>
> Many thanks
> Gillian
> .

Paula Briggs
Creative Director
AccessArt
www.accessart.org.uk
01223 262134

Become a member of AccessArt and keep up to date with news,
 opportunities and the latest resources:
http://www.accessart.org.uk/members/mem_paypal.asp

Registered Charity Number: 1105049
Company Limited by Guarantee Number: 5110197