[IPk] Pump consultants

Hi

Following my recent appointment with my pump consultant, when she told me
that she had "no suggestions to offer", I have seen my GP and DSN, who are
of a like mind, and it has been suggested that I seek advice from further
afield.

Several months ago John Davis gave me names of pump centres near to my area:
- Dr Colin Dyan of Bristol and Dr David Kerr of Bournemouth. Professor
Stephanie Amiel of Kings, London has now been added to this list.

I am wondering if members of this list have any experiences of these 3
consultants which may help me make my decision. My GP says he is happy to
refer me to whoever I choose. I live in Cornwall, which does not help with
appointments, or pump choice - my DSN told me today that they will only
supply Roche Spirits (which I have) and that even if I bought my own Animas
(for smaller dose adjustments)they would not support me at all.

I have a very small insulin requirement, currently about 16/17 units a day -
total daily dose! And my results show a complete pepper pot all day every
day - there is no pattern; my latest Hba1c was 8.7 despite lots of effort
and nearly 3 years on the pump.

Carol.