[IPk] Remove from Distribution List

Please delete me from the list - thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: 23 April 2008 18:04
To: email @ redacted
Subject: ip-uk-digest V3 #1345

ip-uk-digest        Wednesday, April 23 2008        Volume 03 : Number
1345

PLEASE edit the subject line of your reply messages.
This issue of the digest contains:
Re: [IPk] Travel Insurance problems
[IPk] Approved for a Pump Trial
Re: [IPk] Travel Insurance problems
Re: [IPk] Travel Insurance problems
Re: [IPk] Travel Insurance problems
Re: [IPk] Travel Insurance problems
RE: [IPk] Travel Insurance problems
[IPk] RE:Travel Insurance problems
Re: [IPk] RE:Travel Insurance problems
Re: [IPk] RE:Travel Insurance problems
[IPk] Travel Insurance
Re: [IPk] Travel Insurance problems
[IPk] Insulin sensitivity
RE: [IPk] Newcastle Pump Users Group
Re: [IPk] Newcastle Pump Users Group
RE: [IPk] Insulin sensitivity
[IPk] Insulin sensitivity
RE: [IPk] Insulin sensitivity
[IPk] re
[IPk] Insulin sensitivity
re:[IPk] re
Re: [IPk] re

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:24:10 +0100
From: "Stehelndd" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPk] RE:Travel Insurance problems

Hi Marc
Yes, been refused for many of the same reasons this past year, but never
had a problem in the past. Seems companies are tightening up. The statin
issue annoys me, too, as that was cited as a reason for refusal despite
not having high cholesterol and never had! But then, so was the fact I
have had gastric problems and a frozen shoulder. As far as replacement
meds, etc., are concerned, some companies will replace and others won't.
For me, this was an important part of the insurance as losing meds is
the most likely thing to happen and the cover I got included this but
you have to ask for it. Your pump, however, should be insured on your
house insurance as a seperate item (if the hospital won't cover it, and
most don't) as the travel insurance people won't touch that. It's too
expensive to replace. I pay a little extra each year for pump cover.

Anyway, try Direct travel insurance, website: www.direct-travel.co.uk.
They were good, if a little expensive and yes, still had to answer
questions on cholesterol! But they included my whole family and even
covered for anything arising from my son's autism.The only thing I can't
say is if they will be OK with insuring you for work purposes rather
than leisure.

Take care
Helen

direct travel will insure for any purpose - work or holiday. Actually
generally business travel is less risky than holiday travel!
I'm curious as to what you've found that's cheaper than them, that will
insure for existing conditions!
Di