Re: [IPk] Advice please

Mary,

I pre-bolus when above about 6mmol/l for reasons of post meal peaks -
15 to 20 mins I think the books advise.

In the end though it turned out that my anomalous (10-15 mmol/l)
breakfast rise was due to a lack of basal (now doubled!).  Also as
Melissa says eating can increase basal requirements (I find this if I
eat a high protein or fat meal), in which case I use dual wave rather
than change my basal.

Typically now I rise by 1-6 mmol/l after eating depending on timing
and the GI of what I've eaten.

Good luck,
Marc