[IPk] Advice please

I am still struggling with post-meal spikes. Ate only 20G carbs last night
at 5.30 p.m. (BG 6.8) and bolused for it. Went out to work and at 8 p.m. BG
was still 10.3. Went down to 7.6 by 10 p.m. This is a regular pattern across
the day, but sometimes the spikes are huge. 2 hours after lunch yesterday
reached 17.1 and an hour later was down to 6.8. This suggests to me that my
bolus is too low and basal too high, however, DSN has told me not to adjust
bolus on any account. I am still banned from making any changes and have
been told off yet again for having too many basals in (she was responsible
for 3 out of the 7 I currently have).

She has also told me to increase my basals at mealtimes (normal basals in
the 0.35 to 0.45 region). Now for 2 hours over mealtimes I run basals of
0.65.

I would just like confirmation that I should put my basals back to a normal
rate over mealtimes, increase my bolus, and if BG lowers 3-4 hours after
meals which was the pattern before, to cut my basals. She won't like it, but
at least it will get rid of the three extra basals she told me to put in.

Mary Moody