[IPk] RE:Travel Insurance problems

Hi Marc
Yes, been refused for many of the same reasons this past year, but never had
a problem in the past. Seems companies are tightening up. The statin issue
annoys me, too, as that was cited as a reason for refusal despite not having
high cholesterol and never had! But then, so was the fact I have had gastric
problems and a frozen shoulder. As far as replacement meds, etc., are
concerned, some companies will replace and others won't. For me, this was an
important part of the insurance as losing meds is the most likely thing to
happen and the cover I got included this but you have to ask for it. Your
pump, however, should be insured on your house insurance as a seperate item
(if the hospital won't cover it, and most don't) as the travel insurance
people won't touch that. It's too expensive to replace. I pay a little extra
each year for pump cover.

Anyway, try Direct travel insurance, website: www.direct-travel.co.uk. They
were good, if a little expensive and yes, still had to answer questions on
cholesterol! But they included my whole family and even covered for anything
arising from my son's autism.The only thing I can't say is if they will be
OK with insuring you for work purposes rather than leisure.

Take care
Helen