Re: [IPk] Might just get a choice!

Hi Jo,

It's great that you have been offered a pump, I can remember talking to
you - many months ago - about getting the pump at the Bristol meeting we all
attended.
I just checked the UK Insulin Pumpers Website and there is a great page,
written by Pat, which may give you an idea on what pump you could choose.

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/pumps/

I have to say that I wasn't offered a choice, or if that was the case - I
just wasn't listening.  If you can remember I use the Accu-Chek Spirit, and
when I started using it I just used the 'Beginners' setting.  I feel that
the pump has now grown with me.  I also have been very lucky in getting all
the additional Extras provided by Roche.  I did at one time want to try the
Medtronic Pump, but I found it impossible to get any 'CUSTOMER SERVICE'.  I
even wanted to buy a CGM, and no one replied - I didn't just e-mail them
either!, I rang and was told someone would get back to me.  Obviously when
they didn't I decided not to take it a further.  I agree that we all have
different needs from the pumps we use.  From My own personnel experience the
pump sort of grows up with you, but I hope that the link on the UK pumpers
website gives you an insight into what's available.

Regards

Loretta

-----http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/pumps/iginal Message -----