[IPk] sandproof

 I just thought of this as we're in the process of deciding on and booking a
holiday and it just occured to me that i don't have a clue if pumps are
sandproof. Most are at least splashproof but are they sandproof? I took mine
away with me 2 years ago and it spoent plenty of time on the beach and i never
even considered but im intrigued to know whether anyone knows if they are
resistant to sand and what people do with them on the beach.
  Sammy