[IPk] Might just get a choice!

Hi All

I wrote the other week concerning starting the pump and the hospitals
preferred pump...  At the time I had only a verbal dates and was awaiting a
offfical letter.  Well the official has now arrived...

There is two parts that makes me ponder to about choice?

On the first training date on the 7th May states that this is a introduction
to carb counting (already doing) and quote 'Oppertunity to look at the insulin
pump with a final decision as to which type shortly after the day.

Futher in the letter it says that a group of us 4/5 will be starting together
(I'm hoping that if everyone else decides to drop out for what ever reason it
doesn't stop me from starting!) It then goes on to explain that unless there
is a specific reason for using a alteritive pump make or model that we all be
starting on the same pumps...  It does go onto to explain that when our pumps
are due to be replaced in 4+ years that we will be a position to choose our
pumps!!!!

So it's going to be interesting to see what pumps they've got, what they mean
by 'specific reason' as I have a fair idea what pump I would like.....  I
wonder if my reasoning is going to be specific enough to choose it?

Jo

P.S

John Davis and Lesley Jordan will be pleased as with the gumpth that I
recieved witht he letter they do point us towards not only the different
manufacturers of pumps, but also to the INPUT site as well....