[IPk] HbA1c of 6.8 - hooray!

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a bit of good news.  I have been on the pump
for 7 months now, and have just had my second HbA1c taken and it is
6.8!!  I am delighted, and this has reduced from the first one taken
3 months ago, which was 7.7.  I have rarely reduced from around a
level of 9 previous to this, and having had type 1 diabetes for 38
years, I call that a really good piece of news.

However, still been on a loaned pump for 7 months now, so I think a
letter to my Consultant will need to be actioned, and I will ask them
to contact INPUT if they are having trouble getting the funding
released, as I have had my Consultant's agreement that I meet the
NICE guidelines for having a pump on the NHS (the company who loaned
the pump are also now asking for it to be returned).  I'll have to
make a nuisance of myself I think!!

Clare
(Type 1 for 38 years, 7  months pumping, Paradigm 522)