Re:[IPk] Marc - hairloss

Marc,

I'd also like to back that up.  My experience, in 1995 I put on a stone of
weight,  I had also had a couple of anxiety attacks, I spoke to the GP, he
finally agreed to do a thyroid function test (I didn't have diabetes then) the
results showed I didn't have a problem with my thyroid and the anxiety attacks
were put down to stress.

18 months later I was pregnant with twins at 4 months I lost twin 2 and
continued to have bleeding throughout that pregnancy but eventually delivered
a pre-term boy.  He's now 10 with problems.  In the years after his birth I
couldn't shift the extra weight I'd gained during pregnancy which was huge and
I had massive hair loss on my body (I still only depilate under my arms and my
legs twice a year, it just doesn't grow.)  I had 4 miscarriages between 1998
and 2001 the final being when I was diagnosed with diabetes.  Each time they
couldn't find a reason except for 2001 they said it was because of DKA.

In 2002 I was pregnant again and in the care of the diabetic consultant
obstetrician at 14 weeks I once again started bleeding, he looked through my
records, at the previous miscarriages and the results of blood tests and he
put me on a low dose of thyroxin.  He said that at each miscarriage my TSH
levels had been borderline, they had also been borderline in 1995 when I first
approached the GP.  My daughter was born in June 2003 and I believe he saved
her life and my sanity.

Michelle