[IPk] RE: [CWD UK] DLA broken wrist

Hi Barbara

I am really glad to hear that Charlie has had this award made until he is 20.

Perhaps you could share the things you sent to give others with older children
some ideas of how to put something together.

 I think its pretty bad of the school not to have contacted you and as you say
it
sounds like the headmaster didnt know anything about it!!  Which to me makes it
sound like someone was felling very guilty and didn't say anything!!

You would have thought that people would be even more careful when they are in
charge of someone else's child.

Jackie

the decision to stop Charlie's DLA on his 16th birthday has been reversed and
that he has been awarded it until his 20th birthday - and, that it has been
 increased to upper rate (a bit strange that as he has always had middle rate
and
we were happy with that). I have written many letters and last week printed off
a 7-day One Touch chart which I annotated with all the help and decisions that
had to made. Phew.

> You will already know about Charlie's undiagnosed broken wrist whilst on a
school trip to the US. Well, we were quite cool about the whole thing 2 weeks
ago although Charlie has found it very hard to revise for his GCSE exams. I am
sure the school will have everything in place to enable him to do his best in
the circumstances.
> However, I have become increasingly upset that, to date, no-one from the
school has had the courtesy to pick up the phone to say sorry to hear about
Charlie's wrist or to explain what happened (you may remember that Charlie told
a teacher that he thought he had broken his wrist - it was not investigated) or
 even the date when it happended..(Charlie know it was in Washington DC).
Anyway,
 I have become very upset this week about not hearing anything and knowing
school
has started etc etc So yesterday I fired off an e mail to the headmaster
explaining my disappointed about no news. From his very guarded reply (so sorry
to hear and will investigate) he clearly had not been told!!!
> I am not into blame or litigation in anyway but a simple holding up of hands
up to say 'we messed up' or some such thing, would go a very long way. Now
phrases like duty o care and such are floating through my mind....

> Barbara
>

> Barbara
> school teacher, musician, mother of Charlie (15) diagnosed aged 4, pumping
since 2002, under Helen Rogers and Prof Amiel at KCH, and away at school and
using sensor pump 722; Jimmy (19) at Nottingham University and Louise (22) at
Law School, and wife of Bob, amnesic, house husband and keen allotment holder.
We live in Gipsy Hill near to Crystal Palace.
> www.dyodulwich.com

> Checked by AVG.
17:24

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080418-0, 18/04/2008
Tested on: 19/04/2008 11:49:37