[IPk] First pump emergency

Yes Joel - I told you know who - not the detail but just that I would like
to change to different sets. She texted to say she had too many meetings
today to be able to talk to me, but would phone me on Monday. She goes on
about 14 being the emergency level all the time and you will get a set of
instructions and a flow chart telling you what to do. My first week was
difficult because I felt I knew what to do, but if I followed her
instructions I would have been on the phone to her all the time - one
occasion at 3 a.m.! When I told her the next day she told me that that would
have been fine. She had me scared to correct because I had my knuckles
rapped a few times for doing my own thing. On one occasion I asked myself
"what is worse - annoying her or having DKA" and decided that DKA was
definitely the worst option and did my own thing. My GP asked me yesterday
if I had done anything on my own initiative that hadn't worked and I had to
answer honestly "No".

Mary Moody