 From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
Mary Moody
Sent: 17 April 2008 16:23
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] First pump emergency

BG was high at lunch time (15) having been normal mid morning. Replaced set
this morning. Tested half an hour later and it was 20.4, so decided to
change the set. Was in someone else's car on the way to a building site.
Sticky stuff adhered to inserter so set was totally messed and I only had
one with me. Took an injection using a pen and an hour later BG had gone up
to 26 with ketones of 1.4. Drank 3 big glasses of water and a cup of tea.
Really panicked! Work colleagues drove me home (took ages - every traffic
light was red). Felt really sick in the car and my chest felt tight - was
convinced I was going to be a hospital case. Fortunately I was back down at
20 with ketones of 0.9 when I got home. Found that the cannula had bent
right in half and hadn't gone into my body at all. Had another bad
experience on Monday when I had to change my set at lunchtime after a
morning change - however, it appeared absolutely fine then.

Problem is, I usually change set after breakfast. This means that because of
breakfast bolus affecting BG 1-3 hours afterwards, it is really hard to tell
if the set is working OK. I find that my boluses hang around for ages, so I
need to work out a good time to change set and just can't think of one.
Other option is to get away from these Quicksets, but I just don't fancy the
idea of Sils, I think they sound really complicated and hard to insert.

Mary Moody

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended for the addressee only.

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please
notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

All communication sent to or from Midlothian Council may be subject
to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.