Re: [IPk] Can diabetes cause body hair loss?

 Hi,I dont know if this applies but before my husband got his pump he had lost
most of the hair on his legs they were also badly scarred from knocks and bumps,
however since he has been on the pump the hairs have grown back and scars faded
quite a bit,we put it down to better circulation due to better control as he was
really high before,
  hope this helps
  Pam

Marc J Taylor <email @ redacted> wrote:

Hello,

This may or may not be diabetes related, but can long standing diabetes
cause hair loss on the body (not the head)? Thyroid, liver, kidney
function, blood counts & lipids all normal (last month). Last adrenal /
coeliac check normal (Dec 2006). Blood sugar just great (that'll be the
pump :D). My skin is better than normal, and weight is stable. Appetite,
mood and energy are at their usual levels after recent dip following
gastroenteritis. I am puzzled and wondered if anyone had any ideas what I
should ask my GP to check/ rule out.

Thanks,

Marc

Pam