tube.  I'll then test again after about 40 mins just to see where I'm at. >
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:25:22 +0100> From: email @ redacted> To:
email @ redacted> Subject: Re: [IPk] bolus tipping> > Insulin Pumpers
is made possible by your tax deductible contributions.> Your donation of $10,
$25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is > needed so that Insulin Pumpers
can continue to serve you and the rest> of the diabetes community. Please
visit:> > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml> > Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail> > That sounds a bit
obsessive and extreme to me (to do all the time I > mean)! How many people
have time to go through all that hassle every > time you check your BG? For a
one-off when you're on the lowish side a > couple of hours after a meal, it
could be useful though.> > How do you treat lows at the moment, Paula? Most
people do overtreat > lows, when you think about it, the amount of carbs
needed is usually > pretty small to get you up a couple of mmol/l (which is
generally all > you need unless you're exercising or something at the time).
Lucozade or > glucose tabs are a good way to treat lows as it's much easier
not to > overdose!> Di> > > > Paula Briggs wrote:> > p49 of the latest pumping
with insulin, john walsh.> >> > "Clever pump tricks: Bolus tipping to prevent
lows:> > Every time you test your sugar, check whether your pump recommends >
> that you give a bolus.> > Your pump can tell you how many grams of carb you
will need to offset > > the remaining insulin to prevent a low, or how many
carbs are needed > > to treat one you are having. enter a small gram of carbs
as a meal > > bolus and check whether your pump recommends a bolus. gradually
> > increase the number of cars until your bolus tips i.e. the pump > >
switches from recommending no bolus to recommending one.> > When the bolus
tips the number of carbs you just put in will closely > > approximate how many
carbs you need to eat to prevent or treat a low. > > dia in pump must be
accurate for this to work. some pumps now provide > > an automatic readout of
your current carb deficit or insulin deficit > > every time a glucose test is
taken."> >> > not tried it yet (still on saline) but can imagine it might help
to > > stop me over-treating hypos?> > Paula> .>