Re: [IPk] Using pump as calculator

Hi Jenny
I don't think I would necessarily know that a large glass is a third of
a bottle (and I'm a wine drinker) unless someone told me it was 250ml
and that a wine bottle holds 750 ml (when of course it would be obvious).

Regarding my initial comments about calculators, exams etc, I wasn't
referring to pumps there, it was just a general whinge about the way
maths is taught these days and how many people can't do simple maths in
their heads any more and use a calculator for every little thing. Of
course, some people have a real problem with that and of course I'm not
having a go at them - I was just talking in general terms about teaching
these days! And the fact that most calculations you need to do on a pump
are a simple matter of addition and subtraction which can usually be
done pretty easily as they're only low numbers. Sorry Jackie, I should
have been a bit clearer! If you need a calculator (or mobile phone) to
work out the boluses etc then of course you should use one rather than
risk a wrong dose!
Di