Re: [IPk] bolus tipping

p49 of the latest pumping with insulin, john walsh.

"Clever pump tricks: Bolus tipping to prevent lows:
Every time you test your sugar, check whether your pump recommends
that you give a bolus.
Your pump can tell you how many grams of carb you will need to offset
the remaining insulin to prevent a low, or how many carbs are needed
to treat one you are having. enter a small gram of carbs as a meal
bolus and check whether your pump recommends a bolus. gradually
increase the number of cars until your bolus tips i.e. the pump
switches from recommending no bolus to recommending one.
When the bolus tips the number of carbs you just put in will closely
approximate how many carbs you need to eat to prevent or treat a low.
dia in pump must be accurate for this to work. some pumps now provide
an automatic readout of your current carb deficit or insulin deficit
every time a glucose test is taken."

not tried it yet (still on saline) but can imagine it might help to
stop me over-treating hypos?
Paula