RE: [IPk] NICE guidelines

The new NICE guidance in insulin pump isn't completed yet.  The consultation
process is still on going................................

You can see the time line process on the link below.

It was all set to go forward, but an appeal was lodged and so there is a delay.

You can read more here and if you scroll down to the bottom you can read the
final appraisal document which is still under review due to an appeal

http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/index.jsp?action=byID&o=11729
Appeal

The Institute has received an appeal against the Final Appraisal Determination
and Guidance on this technology. In this case, the Chairman of the Appeal
Committee has decided that the nature of the appeal is such that it can be
determined on the basis of written submissions. The Institute will not,
therefore, be holding a public appeal hearing and appellants will not be
required to attend to answer questions from the Panel.

The appellant's letter will be passed to the Chairman of the Appraisal
Committee, who will prepare a response. This response will be passed to the
 appellant for comment. The initial appeal letter, the response from the
Chairman
of the Appraisal Committee, the appellant's reply to that response, and key
documents considered by the Committee during the appraisal will then be
considered by the Appeal Panel.

The name of the appellant will be published on the Institute's web site on the
day the Panel convenes. The Institute will not comment on speculation as to the
identity of appellants prior to publication of this information on the
Institute's website.

The Appeal Panel will convene to consider the written appeal papers on 16 May
2008.

More here
http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/index.jsp?action=folder&o=39807

Jackie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080413-0, 13/04/2008
Tested on: 13/04/2008 13:51:00