Re: [IPk] Using pump as calculator

ooops didn't mean to start a debate on mental arithmetic!

My original point was more that on MDI, the ONLY sum i did (yes, in my
head), was a carb counting/correction factor one. I didn't add to that
equation an extra sum which accounted for duration of insulin, and
what my actual correction factor was (i had never been told to work
these out). What i was trying to say was that as a diabetic on mdi -
having a meter which worked as a bolus wizard on a pump does would
have empowered/educated me further to control my diabetes - or failing
that a dsn who could have told me to add these equations to my sum...
by introducing these ideas to me prior to pump - its an diabetes
education thing not a mental arithmetic point... (for me anyway)

but now i have a wizard i'll be using it (and my mental arithmetics
not bad but why would i take a minute to work out correction factor/
insulin on board plus carbs when the wizard can do it for me (its the
insulin on board bt which i can't be bothered to work out (remembering
exactly when i had the last jab etc) ... lifes too short with a three
year old gabbling 24 to the dozen in my ear (24 to the dozen let me
see yes thats 288, see i just can't resist a sum!)

xxp