Re: [IPk] Silhouette help

Hi Allie

Not quite fair of her not even to give you a proper demo and then
watch you insert one for practice, I think. Hm.

http://www.disetronic.com/files/65.asp?menuId=65&languageId=2&pageId=46&Id=12&type=product
has the manual insertion instructions

and here's a link to 2 videos:
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/insertion-video.shtml

In all my years pumping, I have never tried the automatic inserter for
the Sil so I can't give you any pointers there. It is really not bad
to insert manually once you get the hang of it.

Does anyone who has a digital video camera want to make a video to
show how to use the serter?

As for priming, the standard prime for a Sil is 0.7 u. I always prime
1 unit when I change my set because it seems to help ease the
transition from the old set to the new one, but YMMV!

Hope this helps

Melissa
Type 1 15 years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 4.5 years