RE: [IPk] Using pump as calculator

Hi Di

But there are people like me who have problems with maths.  I have said before,
I think I have something called dyscalculia.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/tutors/expertcolumn/dyscalculia/

What's easy for most IS "rocket science" to me!

We didn't have calculators either, but I was still crap at maths and lived in
dread of every maths lesson.

 I can manage somewhat on paper and with a calculator, but cant do many sums in
my head.

 The only good thing about it is, that my kids never come to me at 10.30 at
night
with the maths homework that they forgotten had to be in by the next day,
otherwise they will suffer unspeakable punishments, because they know that I
wont be able to help!!

Jackie

> --
>
> Or they could just do the calculation in their head like the rest of us!
> It's really not rocket science to work it out....though these days they
> don't seem to teach mental arithmetic in schools.
> Di (who went to school when calculators were banned in exams but you
> were allowed a set of log tables for the really difficult calculations!)
>
> Jackie Jacombs wrote:
> > Hi Paula

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080411-0, 11/04/2008
Tested on: 11/04/2008 18:24:53