Re: [IPk] Using pump as calculator

Hi Paula

what pump have you got?

I ask this because my start date for going onto a pump is 4th June ;-)  The
hospital that I attend generally use the Accu-Chek spirit pump, that doesn't
have a bolus wizard Incorporated in the pump....

The software that Melissa is taking about is the Pocket Compass software it is
designed to work with the Accu-Chek spirit pump and some of there meters (one
that have a inferred port) when it was first released as Melissa said it was
on the Palm Zire (Z22)  but it is compatible with several other Palm's as
well.  When I phoned Accu-chek last week to enquire about the Compass software
and what it can and can't do...  the lady was saying that in May there
up-grading the PDA to a Treo, which is much better as the Treo are smart
phones as well, very much like a Blackberry...  qwerty key board put your own
sim card in for the phone...  It  also connects to a desktop via a usb
connection so the only part using the inferred port well be the spirit pump
and the BG meter....  The new PDA's will be available from May as she said
that by June when I go onto the pump I would get the up-graded version...

The blurb that she sent me about both the insulin pump and the Compass
Software wasn't that informative as such a bit too brief in fact...  And it
seems that you can't download a manual from the uk site, I did manage to get a
link www.disetronic-usa.com/en_US/pdf/ACPocoUserGuide101005.pdf  that gives
the Pocket Compass software manual.  Which is a bit more helpful than the
blurb....

How much it cost's I'm not sure I kind of forgot to ask that simple question?
doh  What I can see on the American websites there charge is about $30 dollar
of course that is without the PDA part and some were moaning that was
expensive!!!!  I wonder what they would say if they were expected to pay the
prices that were are charged for software?

For what I can see from the manual it is more pump friendly and you can create
a lot more information from it than I can give better data reports than the
One-touch software that I use with my ultra smart meter which lacks some of
the features and abilities that I wish it did have...

Hope even though a long reply that it might be helpful

Jo