[IPk] Using pump as calculator

My first full day on a pump! Am enjoying the "gadget" - no insulin
though, saline for a week. Already am finding ability to let the pump
(medtronic) to work out bolus using bolus wizard. Begs the question,
or am i missing a trick, why isn't there a meter which also acts as a
calculator, which people on mdi cold use to help work out bolus's too?
I know a pen delivers larger units so it wouldn't be as refined, but i
would have loved a meter on mdi which worked like bolus wizard on the
pump, taking active insulin on board, sensitivity etc, and then give
the dose via pen.... ? too simplistic?
Paula, type 1 2001, just getting started on pump