RE: [IPk] temporary basal rate and walking

Is there any chance at all that you are still producing some of your
own insulin? It seems amazing that you can be nearly completely
without insulin (as you surely must be after about 3 hours at 0.05
per hour) without seeing an increase in BG. Once insulin levels are
that low there would be no way for glucose to enter your cells, your
body would think it's starving and glucagon is released from the
pancreas to convert glycogen to glucose in the liver.

The Ragnor Hanas has a good chapter about exercise and type 1
diabetes and it's available on Google books,
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=2lyIu4_5r4IC&pg=PP1&dq=type+1+diabe
tes+ragnar+hanas&sig=AWgoiNjOxRsK92VmGbqRJLrqll4#PPA246,M1

or mini link if the above wraps badly,
http://lnk.nu/books.google.co.uk/jqs

Jos