 From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
Diana Maynard
Sent: 10 April 2008 09:02
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] temporary basal rate and walking

Wow, that's pretty much no insulin for quite some hours (don't know how
long you go walking for at a time)!
I know that my body needs a certain amount of insulin no matter how
energetic I am being, otherwise my BG will start going through the roof
(in the same way that BG rises rather than drops with exercise if you
start with a too high BG) - for me I can't exercise with less than about
0.5 units/hour going in (apart from short periods of time - an hour at
the most) otherwise my BG will rise - although I may also need to
supplement that with extra carbs. I normally have about 0.9 units/hour
during the day though (although less at night), so my insulin needs
overall are a lot higher.
Di

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended for the addressee only.

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please
notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

All communication sent to or from Midlothian Council may be subject
to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.