Re: [IPk] temporary basal rate and walking

Wow, that's pretty much no insulin for quite some hours (don't know how
long you go walking for at a time)!
I know that my body needs a certain amount of insulin no matter how
energetic I am being, otherwise my BG will start going through the roof
(in the same way that BG rises rather than drops with exercise if you
start with a too high BG) - for me I can't exercise with less than about
0.5 units/hour going in (apart from short periods of time - an hour at
the most) otherwise my BG will rise - although I may also need to
supplement that with extra carbs. I normally have about 0.9 units/hour
during the day though (although less at night), so my insulin needs
overall are a lot higher.
Di