[IPk] RE: Health insurance for America

Hi,
Hope someone can give me some advice here. My family and I have fallen in love
with America, and its become our dream to buy property there and spend the
maximum of 3 months there at some point.  I am worried about my health whilst
there, what sort of things would health insurance cover for me?  bearing in
mind I would take everything from home with me, but in case I had some faulty
cannulas, blood strips etc and how would I go about purchasing them whilst
there?  and if I have to see a doctor do I have to pay and then pay for my
perscription as well?  I've read horror stories about people ending up in
thousands of pounds of debt after becoming ill in America as their insurance
has a limit.   Also, if we got employment there and got a working visa, how
much approx would it cost me to fund my own consumables? and would I have to
pay for my own HBA1c's whilst there and my other meds like Pregablin,
Thyroxine, B12 etc?  Its such a pity that England is one of the few countries
which cant enter the Green Card lottery !   Its times like these I really
curse being diabetic as I feel it is stopping me doing what I really want to
do in life.  Australia wont have us either because of it, or Canada. Whatever
happened to equal opps?, it really grinds me.   Cheers, mel