Re: [IPk] What's worth getting and what's not!

Hi Jackie

I wonder how good the Pocket Compass software is and what it can actually do?
Before e-mailing there customer care yesterday, I did check there American
site to see if I could gleam any information there...  Interestedly if you buy
the pump in America it comes with all the software, cables BG meter and even
the PDA...

I haven't had a reply to my e-mail (except the automated response to say
they've received it) so I might give there pump care line a phone call
tomorrow if I get home in time.

At the moment I use one-touch software that can also be used for the pump,
even though I do find this not bad, there is still a lot of things that it
lacks which would be really handy to have, this is more based on time lines of
insulin to carbs, can't overlay these, would be nice to have the ability to
enter, BG + carbs + insulin and see how this reflects over a period of time,
but as yet this hasn't been thought of...

So one wonders if the claims of the Pocket Compass is similar, says it can
sing and dance but not to the tune we really want.....

But I shall put the Pocket Compass under it's own heading to see if anyone has
used it..

Jo