From: Melissa Ford <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, 7 April, 2008 12:33:06 AM
Subject: Re: [IPk] Basal Rate/Chart

Hi Laura

Looking at the results, I'd say the first thing to do is increase your
basal by 0.1 u/hr. Leave it for 3 days and see if you get better
results; if not, on Day 4 increase it by another 0.1, etc.

Most of the lows that you record seem to happen within 3 hours of
correcting a high bg. This means you need to look at your correction
factor. If you are currently using a figure of 1 unit of insulin to 2
mmol/L, you might want to try 1 unit to 2.5 mmol/L, for example.

Does this make sense? Both strategies above are very old-school
methods but they seem to work for a lot of people even in this moden
age!

Melissa
Type 1 15 years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 4+ years

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lauraannewinter/BGS/photo#5186268006342677218