Re: [IPk] What's worth getting and what's not!

Hi All

Thanks for your replies, given food for thought or should I say a bit more of
a head spin...

Jackie, I do suffer from nighttime hypo's that I sleep through, I find out
that I had one when I wake up not being able to see well, banging headache etc
used to put it down to migraines!!  Took ages to crack onto what was going on,
it wasn't until I did the DAFNE course, realised that the reading I was
getting on these mornings were actually rebound hypo readings rather than the
good match from the night before....

So yes the ability of having a combined CGMS would be a very good idea, until
one realises that I would have to foot the bill for this out of my own
pocket...  the hospital only has one CGMS and that is in the paediatric
department not for the adults....

The other bit the Bolus wizard seems to be a very handy feature indeed, and
yes this bit is of great interest for me.  I do understand that even though
this isn't a feature contained on the spirit pump, roach get around this by
having software for a PDA, that does similar...  So might provide the
answer...

The increments side of things, this is the difficult one, due to I'm not going
to know how much need I'm going to have for a very fine increment until I
actually start pumping...  As for fine tuning at this point of time, I really
want to avoid the hypo's, stop a lot of the high BG's and sit around the mark
that helps to protect further damaged to my kidneys will be fine by me and of
cause the ability to adjust quickly to how my day is panning out...  the
ability to turn the insulin off rather trying to have to feed the insulin I've
got on board to try to prevent a hypo when what was going to be my routine
goes belly up will be brilliant...

what I've done is e-mailed roach explaining that I'm starting pump therapy, as
the hospital using the Accu-Chek spirit as there choice of pump, can they send
some information about what is included in the basic pump package, info on
tubes/connectors and more information of the Pocket Compass software and what
PDA or Specs they recommend to use with the software etc...

So I will have a look at this before I finally decide,

At the moment hubby is saying go with the hospital choice and make life much
easier for yourself!  I think at this point of time it is a case will the PDA
and Pocket Compass software make up for built in features of other pumps?

Jo