Re: [IPk] CGMS site infection

Hi Helen,
Although I've only changed a few Disetronic Tenders, I've never had  the
problem you refer to.
If you regularly take Aspirin, beware.  Most regular takers  find that tapes
can cause a reaction.  This is usually caused by zinc, it's  added to most
 sticky plasters. It is possible to buy zinc free plasters, don't know about the
infusion sets we use, I must enquire with  Disetronic.
Stress, worry, lack of sleep, all can contribute to being a little  run down.
 Need I say, if this is the case, infection easily takes  hold.
How long do you leave your insertion (which ever type) in  for?  I find I can
leave a Tender in for 3 1/2 days, i.e. only two a week  -- nice! If I use the
needle type (Tender D) I can only keep this in for 2  days.
Have a healthy time.
Terry